Top Posts & Pages
- Top searches on the night of the Houdini movie
- The Hand of Isaac Fawkes: Quicker than Hogarth’s Eye?
- Houdini Now and Then – Caught on the Web
- RIP, Hasan Niyazi
- Unformed Thoughts on the Shape of Blogging
- Bring Me The Red Pages
- Sidney Hollis Radner, 1919-2011 – A personal remembrance
- Dogged determination
- Between a Rock and a Void Place
- Unable to flip the bird
- This Is My Body
- A stitch in time
- The New Leonardo is a Three Pipe Problem
- Connoisseur, d’après xkcd
- Till we have faces
Tag Archives: connoisseurship
The controversy over the Bella Principessa takes a fascinating turn as Martin Kemp uncovers, in Poland, what appears to be the 15th-century codex from which this page was torn. Binding marks on the left edge of the page of vellum … Continue reading
Click to embiggen!
While we’re on the subjects of Steve Martin, connoisseurship, and forgery, der Spiegel is kind enough to bring them together in a story about the blossoming fake Expressionists scandal.